Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
The best peanut butter cookie recipe comes from my mom, who got this
recipe from her mom.
You know it's good when recipes are past down through
generations and adjusted to perfection.
These were always a special peanut butter treat for us kids when we would get home
My dad thinks they are the best tasting peanut butter cookies ever so my mom would bake them
often and we always devoured them.
Preparation for the Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
You will need a large mixing bowl, a one cup measuring cup, a tsp. spoon and a 1/2 tsp. spoon, a
fork, cookie sheets, and a wire rack to put them on to cool off.
- 1 cup butter or half and half butter and other good quality shortening
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Creating Your Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe Masterpiece:
- Cream your butter first then add the vanilla, and then gradually add the brown and white sugar and cream well.
- Beat in eggs, mixing thoroughly, and then add your peanut butter, mixing until well creamed.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and stir into creamed mixture.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with prongs of a fork that has been dipped in sugar
(this prevents the dough from sticking to the fork and adds a nice touch
to the cookies)
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes and watch them closely so as to not overcook them. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
This best peanut butter cookie recipe will make about 2 dozen cookies. I usually double this recipe because I know they will be gone in a very short time.If they aren't gone in a couple days, I would put them in the fridge so they last longer.
More Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies
You Might Also Like These Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Smoothie
If you are looking for an alternative to these peanut butter cookies with no flour, check out the one on AllRecipes.com.
Sign Up for My Newsletter and Never Miss a New Recipe I Create