Peanut Butter Ball Recipe
My Aunt use to make this Peanut Butter Ball Recipe when we were kids and now I make them ever Christmas and my family loves them.
This is the best recipe I have ever tasted for Peanut Butter Balls
and you won't be disappointed if you make them. They are to die for!
Using the paraffin wax makes all the difference. You can substitute
the chocolate chips and paraffin wax for Merckens chocolate wafers and
it will taste the same.
This recipe will make 400 one inch peanut butter balls, I didn't get that many because the balls were bigger.
You might want to halve or quarter the recipe but if you have a large crowd to please I would just leave it as it. you will be surprised at how fast they disappear.
You will need wax paper, toothpicks, a large mixing bowl, and cookie sheets to place them on.
Place the wax paper onto the cookie sheet and set aside.
Make sure you have everything before
- 2 lbs. peanut butter (4 cups)
- 1 lbs. Butter (2 cups)
- 3 lbs. Powdered sugar (1.5 kg)
- Two 12-oz. Pkg. Semi-sweet chocolate chips - it's best to use a high quality chocolate
- 1/2 bar of Paraffin wax
- Toothpick for dipping
- Waxed paper
You can substitute the chocolate chips and paraffin wax for semi-sweet chocolate wafers.
Creating Your Peanut Butter Ball Recipe Masterpiece:
- Cream together peanut butter and butter until well combined.
- Add the sugar a little at a time and make sure it is mixed well.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls in the palm of your hands(approximately 400).
- Insert toothpick into each small peanut butter ball and set them aside.
- Melt chocolate and paraffin wax in double boiler, being careful not to overheat the chocolate.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate. I like to cover the balls completely but you can also only cover half of it, leaving a small amount uncovered to make chocolate buckeyes.
- Let cool on wax paper and store in cool place.
Try something different:
Dip some of the peanut butter balls in melted white chocolate wafers, melted peanut butter wafers or anything else you desire.
Try this variation from RiceKrispies.com that adds rice krispies to the mix.
More Delicious Peanut Butter Balls
You Might Also Like These Peanut Butter Recipes
Sign Up for My Newsletter and Never Miss a New Recipe I Create