Super Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe for soft peanut butter cookies is adapted from my mom's peanut butter cookie recipe.
They are really the best cookie recipe and easy to make.
I usually make a double batch so they will last beyond 1 day.
Try them when they are still warm. Bet you can't eat just one!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
You will need a large and small mixing bowl, a one cup plus a 1/2 cup measuring cup, a teaspoon plus a 1/2 teaspoon, a
fork to flatten the cookies, cookie sheets, a wire rack to put them on to cool and an air tight container.
Make sure you have everything before
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp. milk
Creating Your Soft Peanut Butter Cookies Masterpiece:
- Cream the butter before adding vanilla, then gradually add the sugars and cream well.
- Beat in eggs, mixing thoroughly, and then add your peanut butter, making sure everything is blended well.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Divide mixture into 2 equal bowls
- Set one half aside and add the cocoa to the other half. Add the milk as needed until desired consistency.
- Take a small amount from each bowl and put them together.
- Roll into a small ball and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Flatten with prongs of a fork that has been dipped in water (this prevents the dough from sticking to the fork)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and watch them closely so as to not overcook them.
Store these cookies in an air tight container and they should last a couple of weeks.
If you want to get creative, try adding some M&M or some pretzel pieces to the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
More Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies
You Might Also Like These Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Smoothie
Sign Up for My Newsletter and Never Miss a New Recipe I Create